First, be realistic.
If I work in industry and do R&D…
Canadian immigration website, location: Toronto. Job category: Science and Research
- Engineer I, bachelor degree and 0-3 years of experience in the field: 61k to 72k.
- Engineer II, bachelor degree and 2-5 years of experience in the field: 79k to 96k.
- Engineer IV, a bachelor’s degree in engineering and may be expected to have an advanced degree in a related area with 7-10 years of technical experience: 105k to 146k.
- R&D manager, a graduate degree with at least 7 years of experience in the field: 95k to 125k.
- Top R&D executive, a bachelor’s degree with at least 15 years of experience in the field: 169k to 237k.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics: Chemists and Materials Scientists, research and development service: 76k
- Salaryexpert.com: Scientist/Chemist: 50k to 94k.
- Scientist/Materials: 63k to 115k
If I work in academia…
Now If I do a law degree, (not considering the tuition debt)…
Canadian immigration website:
- Attorney II: 80k to 116k
- Attorney II: 111k to 131k.